Home - Archive
THREATS TOWARDS THE HYDROSECURITY OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
Ecological terrorism is one of the concepts that exist in the science of ecology, and it is a deliberate damage with destroying natural resources, flora and fauna by a particular country or individual. Generally, the water-related aspects of the Armenia-Azerbaijan, Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in the international law, as well as the use of fresh water sources and hydrotechnical devices in the conduct of hydrological, hydropower and ecological sabotage actions of the enemy state are not sufficiently studied. The ecological terrorism policy of Armenia against Azerbaijan is quite diverse in terms of its essence and its implementation mechanisms. At the same time, the non-constructive approach shown by international organizations in the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict serves to deteriorate the situation in the region. Armenia, by taking advantage of the dual position of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Minsk Group for the consensus in the conflict, extends the settlement of the conflict by baseless excuses. By supporting the foreign patrons, official Yerevan is delaying the conclusion of any contract with the regional states on the management, utilization, protection of the transboundary water resources and the determination of the water quota. Armenia brings an excuse on being a legitimate successor of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR), while the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) continues to lean on the provisions of the USSR's agreements with Turkey in 1924 and with Iran in 1957 .
Keywords: hydro-terror action, threats of Armenia, contaminated Kur-Aras basin, ecological environment, Sarsang reservoir.View article(2068)
- Armenian nuclear plant casts threat for Igdir residents. // TDN, 20 September, 2003. http://www.iimes.ru/?p=5963
- Assembly debate on 26 january 2016 (3rd Sitting) (see Doc. 13931, report of the Committee on Social Affairs, Health and Sustainable Development, rapporteur: Ms Milica Markovic). Text adopted by the Assembly on 26 january 2016 (3rd Sitting) http://assembly.coe.int
- Based on the information materials of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of the Republic of Azerbaijan, assessment of damage to the environment and natural resources resulting from Armenian armed aggression and occupation.Baku: 2015, 252 p. p.140-149.
- Country Study on Biodiversity of the Republic of Azerbaijan First National Report to the Convention on Biological Diversity https://www.cbd.int/doc/world/az/az-nr-01-p1-en.pdf27, 38.
- Evrim Maden T. Weaponization of Water: the Case of Sarsang reservoir. Ankara: 2017, 111 p. http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/russia-ii-iranian-soviet-relations-1917-1991
- Mustafayev Q.T. Nature conservation. Baku: Publication, 1970, 188 p. p. 112-118.
- Gasimov Garabagh war veteran, 2nd group Garabagh disabled, native resident. Sarsang water reservoir. New Terter newspaper. November 15, 2017.
- Gurbanov A. Hydrocrisis, hydroconflict and hydrostrategy. Bakı: 2013, 162 p. p.97-100.
- RUSSIA ii. IRANIAN-SOVIET RELATIONS (1917-1991) 20 July, 2009.
- Rzayev R. The occupied Sarsang water reservoir as a means of hydro-diversion and hydro-terror by Armenia against Azerbaijan / Global and regional hydropolitical problems in the context of international cooperation and security, international conference. Baku: 2014, p.33-36.
- Sarikaya H. How to Reduce the Water Shortage Problem in the Context of the Global Water Analysis / Global and regional hydropolitical problems in the context of international cooperation and security, international conference. Baku: 2014, p.21-26.
- Stepanakertte gazetecilere konuşan Artsakh (Dağlık Karabağ) Savunma Ordusunun kaptanı, korgeneral Levon Mnatsakanyan, ihtiyaç duyulduğunda Azerbaycanın Mingeçevir Hidroelektrik Santralinin hemen hedef alınacağını duyurdu. Karabağ Savunma Ordusu, gerektiğinde Mingeçevir Hidroelektrik Santralinivuracak,https://www.ermenihaber.am/tr/news/2018/07/24/Karaba%C4%9F-Azerbaycan-Minge%C3%A7evir/13354924/07/2018
- Suleymanov E. Sarsang Haray. Baku: 2017, 254 s, p.64.
- On joining the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Convention on the Protection of World Cultural and Natural Heritage, 6 December 1993. http://unesco.preslib.az/en/page/ZkBp5YPq2F
- Valiyev V. The ecological situation of the Araz River is excited. May 31, 2014.http: //www.anl.az/down/meqale/zaman/2014/may/374173.htm.
- Velizade R. Metsamor NPP-ecological bomb for the region. Baku: Elm, 2017, 379 p. c.69, 110